Monday, January 19, 2009

Who Knew?

We've got a big pot of black bean chowder bubbling on the stove, inauguration festivities on the tube, and a game of dominoes on the coffee table.

Stella's boyfriend, who plays guitar in a teenage metal band, is at the house and we're all hanging out, enjoying each others' company. This is new territory, and I wish I could just keep it how it is this evening: relaxed, comfortable, fun.

Of course it won't all be like tonight...but it's a good place to start. At Stella's age I was already sneaking around, lying to my parents, doing everything in my power to be away from home and secretive as much as possible. As long as my relationship with Stella is better than the one I had with my mother at her age, then I think we're doing alright.

In other, completely unrelated news - have you seen the trailer for Revolutionary Road? It's the worst preview I've ever seen because, although I've seen this trailer probably ten times now, I have no idea what this film is about.

4 comments:

I Know Right? said...

why does it have to be black beans?

Alisson said...

right, i can't figure out the movie either.

5 of 9er said...

You need to post video or at least photos of the teenage metal band!

stephanie said...

Now I really want to see that movie.