Thursday, March 12, 2009

Childhood Fantasy

You know how when you're a kid you can't wait to grow up so you can do whatever you want? Like eat Lucky Charms every day? Or keep your room as messy as you feel like?

Well I love eating appetizers as a meal. Which is yet another reason I wish we had a good tapas restaurant in Fayetteville.

Last week I made a ton of summer rolls with two dipping sauces: spicy peanut & toasted sesame. I filled these with shrimp, rice noodles, baby spinach leaves, shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers, red peppers, & green onions, bean sprouts, and fresh basil and mint. Stella and I then stuffed ourselves full of these delicious and healthy snacks.

4 comments:

Angel said...

Oh my gosh, those look so yummy!

Alannah said...

Thanks Angel! They're super easy to make, too, once you've got all the prep work done.

AMD said...

Want!

Stephanie said...

I REALLY wish I could get away with making stuff like that.