Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Open Memo Sandwiched Between Unrelated Bullet Lists

I have a new annoying portmanteau to add to my ever-growing list:
  • octomom
And that's all I'm going to say about that elastic-wombed nightmare.


Open memo to our new mayor Lioneld Jordan:

I have a problema and an idea. Have you ever tried to find information on our city's website? It's horrendous!! You can't find anything easily and it's clunky, weird, and off-putting. It's impossible to find what you need quickly which, in my case, is usually the agenda for the city council meeting or possibly some random document a regular ol' citizen like me might need (i.e. animal license form). Please do something about this...and soon! The information does seem to be stored or organized in a way that makes sense. I will try to find examples of municipal websites that are well done (in my feeble opinion).
Thank you,
Alannah


Any other Fayettevillians agree?


In my rare free time I like to make my eyes, brain, and imagination work together.

Current reading:
  • Watching What We Eat: The Evolution of Television Cooking Shows. I'm pretty psyched about this one, even though I'm a new convert to cooking shows. I get to be an early reviewer for this one, thanks to jmb!
  • What Do Women Want? Easy. Everything. And why not?
  • the Fayetteville Flyer and its offshoot, local540. I love my town and so do they! It was cool and flattering to get a mention from them, too. These guys have put together a very useful database for local businesses, as well. So many places don't have listed phone numbers or web sites so it's a godsend to have a one-stop shop to turn to.
  • Reading student evaluations of our activities. I just love it when they write stuff like "it should be more fun in future" and that's it. Ooookaaaay.

1 comment:

AMD said...

I, too, am on Watching What We Eat duty. Maybe we should compare notes?