Tuesday, April 07, 2009

When All Else Fails, There's Always Polenta

After eating nothing but (let's face it - bland) casseroles and cakes for three days at D.'s grandparents', I've been craving nothing but vegetables and hearty flavors since we've been home.

Last night I cleaned out the veggie drawer and made portabello mushroom, spinach, & organic chicken sausage (I will sometimes eat meat..if, as in this case, it is given to me as a gift) sort of sauce served over oregano/asiago polenta with, of course, that damn requisite green salad with toasted pecans, Gorgonzola crumbles and, in this case, jicama matchsticks for crunch.


I'm going to keep cooking delicious meals until there is nothing but peace and relaxed energy in our house.....I banish thee, tension and crabbiness!

1 comment:

Jennifer Erwin said...

Um, hello yumminess! I love any kind of sausage/veggie sauce over any kind of polenta--one of my standby meals, for sure.