Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Trying To Think Peaceful Thoughts...

...like these clouds I shot over Tontitown, driving in Sunshine's car on our way to buy explosives. Okay, so maybe that's not so peaceful, but the afternoon was incredible. It had rained the morning of the Fourth of July, while we sat inside and had a leisurely brunch complete with smuggled bloody mary fixin's. After that a long nap was in order. Then an afternoon excursion to buy fireworks and then to a cookout/party at Ben and Hannah's. They go all out for their parties and this was no exception. Just take a look at the food spreads. Yummmm to the nth degree. A beautiful night even though I was a tiny bit sad that D. and Stella were in Eureka. I was sort of on-call because 15 Rwandans were arriving that evening, but also sort of off work. The month of July I feel like a doctor; I'm never off work, even when I'm off work. But I'm trying to find those pockets of tranquility and treasure them.




1 comment:

stephanie said...

That cloud looks like a flying horse.