Friday, August 07, 2009

Don't Mind Me...

One of the highlights of my stay in Washington, D.C. was getting to see my longtime (I'm getting sensitive about using the qualifier "old" to describe friends!) friend, Rachel. She's amazing. She's a Methodist pastor (pastress? Pastrix?) in Maryland and I really enjoyed catching up with her. Her husband and daughter were out of town but that meant that I got to give most of my attention to her 19 month-old son, Graham. MY OVARIES! They're aching and throbbing with a desire to procreate! Sorry. I don't know where that came from. My biological clock has been extra pesky lately. Much to D.'s chagrin, I might add. Take a look at this guy, though. How can anyone NOT want one of these?

I wanted to take a bite out of his little feet. Toddler toes...mmm, what a delicacy.

On the last night in D.C., the conference had a farewell dinner down at the Hard Rock Cafe (barf). We had to wait 30 minutes to be seated so we walked around the neighborhood.

Take a look at this foreboding structure. Take a guess as whose headquarters this building belongs to.*
How can I get a paying gig as an architectural photographer? I could shoot buildings all day.
One of the students kindly offered to take my photo, since I'm usually only behind the camera.
This alleyway is where John Wilkes Booth ran after shooting Lincoln.
Hey, look - assassination-themed photo op!




*FBI building. Doesn't it look exactly like what you'd expect?

4 comments:

Marty said...

just have to say that your outfit is amazing! you look beautiful, and... see you soon!

Stephanie said...

You do look absolutely lovely in your dress.
I CAN'T WAIT to spend time in the Library of COngress, and the National Archives, and take pics of architecture!

BTW... surely D understands the tremendous amount of music and song writing inspiration a baby can generate?!! ;)

Stacy said...

Love your outfit! You look fabulous.

pammalu said...

you look so glamorous in this photo!!!!