Thursday, September 24, 2009

Politely Declining Once Again

Man, people in Fayetteville sure do love to hate the annual Bikes, Blues, and Barbecue motorcycle rally that rolls into town (ha. I kill me) every fall. Me? I kind of like it. Not because I love hearing thundering biker pipes, or really bad classic rock cover bands, or more leather and exposed flesh than necessary.

It's because I like events that gather a lot of people who are unintentionally hilarious. Not only do you get the awesomely sincere and amusing bikers, but you get the equally sincere and hysterical religious zealots who are "protesting" the bikers. And it's all packed into one small street in my town every year, like a recurring amorality play. Remember, I grew up in a tourist town and our only entertainment was people-watching. This is some grade A people-watching.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a chance to hang out with my camera as in years past. I'm leaving town for the weekend to hang out at the river with a group of amazing women. So you'll just have to take my word for it. Or walk over to Dickson Street and go check it out yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaahhhhh! As I was reading your blog I was getting so excited about seeing your fabulously entertaining pictures as usual... but am happy you are at the river, b/c there is really no better place to be! Miss you and love you more than you know! xoxo Angie

pammalu said...

I love your "unintentionally hilarious" view on the bikers.
LOVE.IT.
!!
:)