Thursday, September 17, 2009

Top Ceviche

I want to jump inside the television and shake each Top Chef contestant who thinks that "ceviche" or "tartare" is something new and exciting. STOP IT ALREADY!

I really wish I'd started counting from the beginning of the season, but I don't think it's any exaggeration to say that the contestants have prepared no fewer than 15 variations on ceviche, or tartare, so far. Even more annoying is Jen's insistence on pronouncing it "seveech." Aren't they supposed to be experienced or trained chefs? Surely they've encountered Spanish-speakers in their restaurant work...surely she knows how it's really pronounced.

I don't want to see any more raw or cured fish for the next few weeks. Show me something different. Come on, now.

1 comment:

Marty Maxwell Lane said...

i hate the way she says it too! drives me crazy.