Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Life Plans

It's been a long time since I've posted a new installment of my 100 Things I Want to Do Before I Die.

And there's no time like the present. So without further ado, here are Numbers 21 - 30:

21.) Set up a scholarship for single parents. A full scholarship - all tuition, fees, books, and living expenses. When I was in college I received a small scholarship from the Single Parent Scholarship Fund. It was definitely helpful, but very small. What a difference a full scholarship would have made in my life...

22.) Do a headstand in yoga.

23.) Be on a Habitat for Humanity team that builds a house, preferably an all-female team.

24.) Make jewelry with gemstones that I've mined myself!

25.) Own and renovate my own home.

26.) Have a month (at least!) in which I go to sleep and wake up according to my own, natural Circadian rhythm. That would be the closest I could ever come to Utopia.

27.) Learn to bake bread...without fail. Different kinds, regularly. There's nothing better than the smell of fresh bread in your kitchen.

28.) Have a picnic with friends on a perfect Spring day. Sunshine, blankets, good food, wine, good company, nature. Okay - that would be Utopian.

29.) Attend a Cherry Blossom Festival, either the national one in Washington, D.C. or (even better) one in Japan.

30.) Learn to dance, starting with the basics and moving on to salsa or possibly even tango!

1 comment:

AMD said...

I can help you with the bread (challah!) and the picnic!