Thursday, December 03, 2009

Periodically

For some reason this morning on my awful, awful drive to work (you people don't get it - FIVE MINUTES rules my life in the mornings. If I'm five minutes late there is NO PARKING anywhere and I have to park at a meter and I always forget to go back to feed the meter or move my car and I've racked up nearly $100 in meter tickets THIS MONTH ALONE...roy g. biv of colorful language, for sure) I started thinking about back when I was in college and I had a few hours blissfully to myself that I'd spend in the Periodicals section of Mullins Library. The Paris Review, Interview, Der Spiegel (back then I was semi-fluent), tons of Literature reviews that only dorks like me read.

If I could say one thing to younger people it would be - take advantage of all that TIME you've got. Jesus. What I wouldn't give for a few hours every day to myself.

I still love magazines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush................