Thursday, January 14, 2010

Coolest thing I learned over my holiday break: if you line a pan with aluminum foil, then put in all your tarnished silver jewelry, making sure it's all touching each other, then add salt, baking soda, and nearly boiling water you will be AMAZED at the difference. So much easier than trying to polish intricate jewelry or chains. Science is cool.

Two other things I learned that kind of turned my world upside down and will require a looooong time to unlearn: that "myriad of" is grammatically correct, and that it's now bad form to insert two spaces after a period. Damn it!! There goes one of my biggest grammar pet peeves AND a lifelong typing habit.

2 comments:

AMD said...

I will forever put two spaces behind a period. It neatens & spaces sentenced out nicely.

Alannah said...

Me too. I like the visual pause that two spaces creates.

I should also confess that I learned to type ON A REAL TYPEWRITER in my 7th grade keyboarding class.