Tuesday, February 16, 2010

OLYMPIC FEVER!!

I gots it!

Unfortunately I was so crazy busy during the summer of 2008 I didn't watch a single bit of the Beijing Olympics and maybe I'm trying to make up for that now. But I've always loved the Winter Olympics, which is kind of crazy because I don't live in any kind of winter sports-friendly place. I've only been downhill skiing once and ice skating a handful of times. Still...I love to watch the Olympics. One of my 100 Things I Want To Do Before I Die is attend an Olympic event. I love the stories. I love hearing about how athletes overcome adversity. I discover new people to root for...like this year's Gold Medal winners for pairs ice skating - the couple from China. Oh how I boo-hooed when I saw their story.

I'm looking forward to women's snowboard cross and of course, individual ice skating.

No comments: