Thursday, February 18, 2010

Unpleasantries

I don't often write here about my most personal struggles. Sometimes because I'm painfully aware of the permanence of writing that goes out on the internet, sometimes because I want to keep things private. But I'm really struggling with the fact that Stella's father hasn't paid child support regularly since the summer of 2008. I know that times are tough and jobs are scarce. But I had to continue paying my student loans, even when I was mostly unemployed and worked making cookie dough back in 2004/2005. A responsibility is a responsibility, especially to your own children. I'm just about to the point of taking this case to the county prosecutor's office, because at this point it's become a felony offense (due to the arrears being so high in number).

It saddens, frustrates, and ultimately angers me when people are irresponsible where their children are concerned. I won't even get into the complex and sad history of missed opportunities and abandoned attempts at forging a relationship between a father and daughter. I have my own heavy, weird, sad history within this topic, after all.

I don't know how to make it right.

1 comment:

I Know Right? said...

Do it Alannah. Dont be afraid to take it to the limit. ( i apologize for the awful Eagles sounding reference) You have to do what you have to do.