Monday, March 08, 2010

New Addition!

No one was surprised when Christoph Waltz won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor last night. At one point over the holidays I meant to write about Inglorious Basterds but forgot or lost my mojo. Overall, I liked it but maybe I'm getting a little tired of QT's pattern of long, talky scenes punctuated by overly violent ones? His dialogue is still so very sharp, though, and in this film the dialogue worked to amp up the anxiety and sense of foreboding so intensely that I could barely sit still.

One thing I love about the film is that it introduced me to yet another Imaginary Boyfriend. He combines many of my favorite things (Germans, obvious intelligence, beards, a love for film, good sense of humor) in one pretty package. Once again I must link to his great interview with Charlie Rose. And then I found this little nugget. Christoph Waltz, you are fantastic, sir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Have seen a few interviews now of him including him on Oprah and I have to say "delicious!" And this clip definitely confirms that...
Ang