Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Unbelievable

Guess what I did for the FIRST TIME EVER since starting this blog four years ago?

I made succotash.

No shit.

And it was delicious. Pardon this blurry cell phone picture, but first I sauteed onions and garlic in some butter & olive oil, then added fresh corn (cut off the cob, natch), frozen lima beans, chopped celery and tomatoes and then at the end added chopped green onions and parsley & basil from my garden. A little parmesan and some whole wheat noodles made it perfect. Yum.

2 comments:

ste-pha-nie said...

That looks really good. You FINALLY made succotash! I might actually eat lima beans in this contect.

Stacy said...

Mmmmm...that looks delicious. I'm one of the few who counts lima beans as one of my favorite veggies. Also, bonus points for using the word "natch."