Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Beginnings

You know what it feels like to take the moving sidewalk thingies at airports? And that moment when you step off and you still feel like you're moving quickly but you're not and your body and feet and brain have that disconnect that takes a few seconds to reconcile? That's sort of what my life feels like. My work schedule isn't AS busy as it was July through September, but I am still having a mental disconnect. Perhaps it's partly because my weekends have been CHOCK FULL. Yes, they've been crammed full of goodness - friends, concerts, trips, fun things, but that doesn't stop me from being completely exhausted during the week. Couple that with a slower work schedule and I think I'm losing my mind. Yet again.

Last weekend D. and I went to a wedding featuring another member of my favorite family on earth. I was a bridesmaid in the youngest sister's wedding a few years ago. This was the oldest sister's wedding. You could tell this couple has been to more than a few weddings and knew exactly how they wanted theirs to be: fun, lighthearted, sweet, lots of great music, and did I say fun? The entire ceremony couldn't have been more than 30 minutes and then the reception lasted four hours! Now that's how you do it!

The happy couple:
The bride dancing with her father:
D. and me. We have hardly any photos of ourselves together and even fewer that we both like. Slam dunk!
The incredible chandelier at the reception hall:
The Maid of Honor (middle sister) and longtime reader of this blog (Hi C.! ;-)), whom I never get to see enough of, and me:
I couldn't get many shots of the couple dancing, and they danced all night long (just TRY not to sing Lionel Richie now. I dare you)!

2 comments:

AMD said...

Put your hand upon my hip, when I dip, you dip, we dip!

Carrie said...

Good pictures, Alannah. Waiting on main photographer to post hers to her website. I'll let you know. The one of you and Dave needs to be in frame.