Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Nights

Sunday nights are always bittersweet, aren't they? Bitter that it's the end of the weekend, but sweet in that it's usually when I get most of my housework done and there's the calm-before-the-storm kind of relaxed, fun, homebody vibe to Sunday nights. I often cook, or not. We snuggle in bed and watch television. For the past few months we'd watch Mad Men. We're going to try out the Frank Darabont, zombie show The Walking Dead, and of course Sunday nights on HBO are where it's at. We don't get HBO....but we do have laptops and good internet. I'll let you fill in those blanks.

I love, love, love Bored To Death. Its relaxed, funny, bittersweet nature perfectly fits Sunday nights. Ted Danson is fantastic in it. I know a lot of people are getting tired of the ubiquitous Zach Galifianakis, but I think he's hilarious and very good in this too - but no one comes near Ted Danson in terms of great delivery, facial expressions, and comic timing.

I'm also slowly, ever so slowly, creaking my way through some books. Currently those books are The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and Committed. Next up are Three Cups of Tea and Craig Ferguson's autobiography, American on Purpose.

No comments: