Saturday, November 06, 2010

I Just Want To Feed You

I can't even think of a catchy or punny title for this post. I am here at a dear friend's house. I thought I was coming over to cook for her as she recovers from having her gall bladder removed. When I got here last night I found out that the doctors discovered that the fibrous mass that's been causing her all sorts of pain is malignant. The big C.

Everything changed in that instant.

I'm still cooking healthy, love-filled meals to fill her freezer and fridge. Trying to figure out where/what happens next.

I don't have many skills, especially in these kinds of cases. But I know I can cook healthy food. I know I can infuse the food with all my love. I can organize and dust and clean.

So that is what I will do.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh no. Many vibes of health and strength to your friend. Also, FUCK YOU CANCER. Grrr.

Carrie said...

I'll be thinking about Patt. Loved meeting her that weekend with all of her sisters and mine.