Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Meant To Take Up Space

I had to write SOMEthing to get that last post off the top of this page. I don't want to think about cancer or surgeries or treatments or disease. But you know how this goes....of course that's all I can think about.

I wish I'd taken photos of everything I cooked last weekend. If you're within driving distance and you need healthy, home-cooked food - please just let me know. I love doing this. I wish I could quit my job and become a personal chef, as long as I'm cooking for people I love and not rich, demanding, a-holes. This weekend I made chicken, vegetable, and brown rice soup, eggs migas with pico de gallo & avocados, oatmeal cookies with dried cherries, dates, and prunes (surprisingly addictive), pureed butternut squash soup with ginger & mildly curried, banana/apple bread & muffins, summer rolls filled with avocado, seasoned tofu, shrimp, basil, mint, carrots, green onions, and sliced jicama, a loaf of bread that turned out so nasty that I threw it outside for the critters, and my healthy version of shepherd's pie with ground turkey, tons of fresh veggies, and mashed cauliflower on top.

It's been beautiful and warm this fall. So...there's that.

And, thanks for reminding me, Stacy: Fuck You, Cancer.

4 comments:

Wallfishwife said...

I wish I could send all that lovely food to my dear friend who is 34, 4 months pregnant and just about to start chemo after her masectomy yesterday. She moved down south a few years ago and it is awful not being able to do anything for her. Fuck you, cancer.

Alannah said...

Oh, T...that is heartbreaking. Unfathomable, in fact. It's the feeling helpless that is the worst part. Sending much love to your friend...

Wallfishwife said...

And to yours. x

I Know Right? said...

It is truly a blessing to call you my friend. I am sending out all the positivity I have for your dear friend. and i agree... FUCK YOU CANCER!!!!!