Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"...Like A Worm Getting Killed On The Way To The Top."

You know how people who live in those huge, beige, tacky McMansions often have words or phrases stenciled on their walls? Silly things like "Dreams Can Come True" or "In Vino Veritas" over the bar? Well...there are so many phrases from this interview with Udo Kier that I want stenciled on my walls. Things like:

Available. I like that word, available.

If you stay home with the candlelight and you read a book, Rilke, or whatever, or Sigmund Freud, it’s boring. But if you watch Udo Kier in a horror film and people are hunting me and trying to kill me, and there’s my love interest with big breasts and beautiful hair...that’s more interesting.

Let’s talk about Pamela Anderson please, now. I want to talk about Pamela Anderson!

I cannot answer you, because it’s totally unknown to me what you just asked me, and also very boring.

Friendship to me is, if my friends need my little finger to live, I’m going to have it cut off. I’m going to the hospital, they cut off my finger, and maybe I have a gold finger instead, and I become famous. But I still give it to my friend.

The Bible is wonderful. It’s only one book, but you can put two grams of coke on top of the Bible, and you first take a line of coke and then you open the Bible. Because then you understand.

But, you know, intellectual people, you don’t sue. It’s like a worm getting killed on the way to the top.

Also, PS - Christmas break photos and post coming soon. Lots of Stella and dogs in costumes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to guess where in your house you will be placing these sayings. Am I correct in assuming you want that first quote above your bed?
Love,
Your nutty friend living in IA