Monday, December 05, 2011

How Is It December?

One of the big things I've been trying to remember is that our lives are really just a collection of experiences...and if I can create or arrange a good or unforgettable experience, then WHY THE HECK NOT?

A few months ago I'd just gotten paid.  Since now that I'm living on my own again money's tighter and I rarely have disposable income but I really wanted to provide an experience for Stella and me.  So I sprung the $100 for two tickets to see My Morning Jacket.  The concert is tomorrow night.  I had to really budget tightly the rest of the month in order to get those tickets but I'm so glad I did.  We really need a mom/daughter date.

Holiday season.  Wow.  Okay.  Here we go!

Feeling pretty good about it all, though.  2011 was full of transitions and learning.  So hopefully that means 2012 is about taking those lessons and applying them.  I'm ready to start laying the groundwork for some life changes...



Thank you for sticking with me through this.  I know only about 3 or 4 of you read this still.  I'll probably take the blog public again fairly soon.  But it's been nice to write freely or not write at all.  xoxoxo

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Where did My Morning Jacket play? And I noticed the Kopecky Family Band played at Stickyz last weekend, I think. Good bands coming through. Of course I'd stick with you girl! Great seeing you, if only briefly, last weekend. Looking forward to your visit between Christmas and New Years. Will be great great fun fun!!

ste-pha-nie said...

Love that you & Stella had a date :) They are growing up so stinkin' fast.
Every moment counts - priceless.