Friday, November 02, 2012

Like Riding a Bicycle

I'm feeling so motivated to write again and it's like I've gotten a jump start from reading other great blogs.  I love these peeks into other people's lives.  I love considering other people's perceptions of this bizarre journey we're all on.  How some people are so relentlessly positive and peaceful and idyllic-appearing is just...fascinating.  I like getting drawn into a well-written and beautifully photographed blog.   Mine won't ever be like that.  I'll never have enough time to give this place a cool, beautiful, stylish layout .  I will never be able to write all the stories I have to tell in here. 

But I want to. 

So  hang in there...I'm ready to try, once again, to make this an interesting place to visit. 

Tonight I'm using all those tons of green tomatoes & jalapenos to make a green tomato relish that looks pretty good. 

I'm canning for the first time and this could be a total disaster or a home run.  Thrilling!

I'll let you know how it turns out and I promise to take better photos next time. 

Tomorrow night it's drinks w/ my momfriend girlfriends!

Sunday night the Flaming Lips are playing here! 

Tuesday's the election - holy shit!

2 comments:

Stacy Estep said...

I just discovered that YOUR BLOG IS BACK!!! This makes my day! So sorry to hear you had such a shitty summer. But I sure do love reading what you have to say, and seeing all your beautiful pictures. Drop me a line, lady. I've missed you!

Carrie said...

How was the tomato relish? Yes, I agree with Stacy--your starting back to the blog makes my day too!