Friday, March 22, 2013

This Spring feels incredibly sudden.  Everything happens so quickly.  It feels like tomorrow Stella will graduate, the week after that my sister gets married, then in the blink of an eye Stella will be moving to Colorado for college and I will begin a new chapter. 

How can I slow it all down when I'm falling asleep on the couch in my work clothes and have a to-do list as long as my arm? 

There a lot of you reading who probably are as shocked as I am to digest the fact that Stella is about to graduate from high school.  This girl....she's one of my favorite people to spend time with.  That is the biggest perk of parenthood - there is another cool person in this world and I'm gonna take partial credit for it! You'll remember from my letter to her that this was my only goal as a parent.  I just love being with her!  Last weekend we planned to go to the movies but I am a dumbass who doesn't read closely (blame it on the Fandango app, Alannah.  Way to go).  We got to the theater for the 1:10 showing of The Wonderful Burt Wonderstone but that time was for a different theater and we wanted to see it in the good theater....and that showing wasn't until 2:30.  We didn't WANT to go to that late of a matinee.  Jesus Christ.  I'm reading this as I write it and I'm convinced it's THE First World of First World Problems.  Forgive me...the point of all of this is that my daughter and I were faced with an unplanned afternoon.  We went to Ulta and played around with makeup and lotions.  We went to Goodwill and scored big time.  I love that Stella gets the same electric thrill that I do from finding gems at thrift stores.  She found the softest of soft, thinner flannel shirts in the Men's section.  It will be perfect over leggings w/ boots. We just had a great time - the two of us, tooling around on a cold, dreary Sunday.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great speaking with you last night. Gotta know what made it on your menu. Looking forward to seeing you guys--either as a surprise visit for the "Game of Thrones" watch party or in April.

Cheap Work Clothing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.